I will tell you how I choose crystals in this post. I hope this will help anybody experiencing confusion or indecision in regard to choosing crystals. First I will state that I prefer purchasing my crystals from a brick and mortar shop. I like to be able to hold a crystal and get a close look at all of its details. However, I am well aware that not everyone is close to such a shop. I have found that eBay is a pretty good alternative for finding affordable crystals online. Crystals can also be found on Etsy. Now lets delve further into this topic. Here I will present some tips:
- Purpose- Do you have a specific purpose in mind for a crystal? If so you may want to research what crystals are suggested for that purpose. For example, you may find many suggestions for citrine to attract wealth.
- Appearance- I suspect most people use appearance to help them choose a crystal. I am one of these people. That doesn’t mean I only pick a pretty crystal with perfect points and lovely color. It means that I find the appearance of a crystal pleasing even if it has “flaws”. I use quotations marks there because imperfections in crystals add to their uniqueness. This is similar to imperfections in people.
- Feeling- Some people may claim they get a physical sensation from holding a crystal that helps them choose. I am not one of these people. If you have that experience, feel free to use those sensations to guide you. If you are like me, focus more on the emotional feeling that holding a crystal gives you. When you are at a shop there may be some crystals you pick up and instantly know you do not want to leave without them. Other times, your instinct might be a bit muffled. If you are unsure of whether or not you connect with a crystal, try carrying it around the store with you for maybe ten minutes. If it is not particularly difficult for you to put that crystal back on the shelf after that, that stone is probably one you can leave behind. Sometimes feeling may cause you to choose a crystal that looks inferior to another choice. This proves appearance is not everything.
- Price- This is simple; Do not purchase a crystal that has a price that makes you feel uneasy. A crystal is not likely to do you much good if you feel sick when you think about how much you spent on it.
- Obsession and/or regret- Ask yourself if you will regret not buying a particular crystal and notice if you find yourself obsessing over a particular crystal. I have a green calcite that I waited maybe a few weeks to buy. I was unsure whether or not I wanted to spend my money on it (not an absurd amount, I was just trying to budget). I noticed that my thoughts kept drifting back to it. I realized that I would regret it if I did not buy it.
That is all.