This is a continuation of the YouTube Pagan Challenge from last year. I am going to get back to answering the questions in intervals.
19.) How do you feel about group work/worship?
- I feel it is great depending on the situation, but not necessary for everybody. I really wanted to be a part of circle when I was a teenager exploring the craft . What teenybopper witch who saw The Craft didn’t want somebody to call the corners with? :-p However, having a group to work with isn’t always a possibility. I think this is probably especially true for people in rural areas. There is a smaller pool of people in which to find friends. Finding people you get along with really well can be difficult in itself at times, finding such people who share your less popular spiritual path is even more of a challenge. Then add extra challenge when you live on the Bible Belt. All of this contributes to me being a solitary practitioner. I do occasionally still daydream about how wonderful it would be to have witchy buddies to celebrate the holidays with. Thank goodness for the online community that keeps me from feeling overly solitary in my practice.
20.) What does initiation mean to you?
- I think of initiation as a beginning. You can be initiated into a group or you can privately hold an initiation ritual into a particular path if you are solitary. It is about acceptance and feeling like you are apart of something bigger than yourself.
21.) Do you have a grimoire/book of shadows?
- Kind of. I have a spiritual journal. There is not much in it, but I use it occasionally for documenting special dreams and spirit work.
22.) Do you create your own correspondences?
- Yes. I still use widely accepted correspondences, but I create my own as well sometimes.
23.) How important is your diet/magickal use of food?
- Diet is only important to me in this aspect in that a person has more energy and focus to offer to their practice if they stay nourished. This is true like it is in mundane aspects of life. Just apply reasonable eating habits and I feel like you are good to go. Granted what is reasonable may vary from person to person.
24.) How does spirituality relate to your mundane life?
- It helps me get through mundane life. If I am feeling like I am stuck in a rut or angry at people’s attitudes, I can turn to my spirituality for peace.
25.) What does this time of year mean to you?
- This question is timed differently than intended since I didn’t answer these questions on schedule. However, I will answer for the current time of year. This time is a transition period between the withdrawn period of winter and the “come out of your shell” springtime. It’s a time for stirring ideas and making preparations.
26.) Do you/how do you meditate?
- Ummm…this is a little difficult for me to answer. I try to meditate sometimes. That “still your mind and reach enlightenment” kind of meditation doesn’t seem to be for me though. I am better with active and guided meditations. My favorite meditation is to sit on a porch or by an open window and focus on nature. This is something a learned from my little bit of shamanic study. Sometimes a particular animal might stand out, and then I can interpret a message from that. Even if I don’t get a message, it is very peaceful as long as not interrupted.
27.) Do you use chants/mantras/affirmations?
- Yes. I will sometimes say “My heart is light as a feather and full of light” repeatedly at times when I am overwhelmed with negative emotions.